Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tulips Two Needles

Kim, Lori, Mimi, Peggy, Nancy

I went to Seattle with my knitting friends. Lori is from Seattle and the last time she went for a visit she raved about Churchmouse Yarns and Teas on Bainbridge Island. The four of us decided to take a visit. Lori's fabulous parents, Hal and Mimi generously offered their lovely home, this afforded us more funds for yarn shopping!

Before we move on to the yarn shop. These are the tulip fields that we visited. The view was spectacular. If you ever have a chance to travel to the Seattle area in April. do NOT miss this glorious sight with acres and acres of tulips!











Another day, a car ride on the ferry to Bainbridge Island.

Lori, Nancy, Kim, Peggy


Nancy, Lori, Kim, Peggy
We visited this shop twice in 24 hours. As you can see we found lots of goodies to buy. I have to say that of all the shops I have been to....and there have been many....this is by far my favorite. The staff is warm and knowledgeable. The decor and layout of the store is impeccable. Think Anthropology as a yarn shop.  A few pictures are worth more than any words I can offer.


Lots of art and inspiration
So pretty

Can you see me in this picture?

the Classroom
Jarod Flood aka Brooklyn Tweed yarn display 



so..a few knitters look like grandma.











Churchmouse has it's own line of patterns and are beautifully photographed by Jarod Flood.  Visit their web site to get a little taste of their fabulousness.

I would love to make this an annual event. The tulips fields and Churchmouse are alone worth the trip.


What makes a wonderful vacation is the company. I have been knitting with these pals for years and it was so fun to get away and take and adventure with them. Knitting in our pajamas, finding enough outlets for all of our ipad/telephones, laughing like girls, eating and shopping. An ideal getaway I highly recommend it!

Lori, (Nancy is the photographer) Peggy, Kim

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those tulip fields stunning? I grew up partly in Seattle--one of the nice things about taking up knitting/fibre arts is it gives me something new to discover (i.e., LYSes) in a familiar place!

    ReplyDelete

Remember what Mother says; If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!